(A letter was sent from M’tan to his tribe in the Deep Forest. A wandering bard took half payment to deliver it. He equipped him with a letter of safe passage. It is written in Elvish. (calligraphy default roll made by 4) It is a request for immigrants. Just like the letter from Lady Wallace, Bailiff of Wallace ) this invites people to show up a year and a day after the writing of the letter.)
Well met, my tribe, Ti’al Qu’i’ntis.
This letter is from your wandering son, M’tan Eglentrans. I hope the years have been kind since last I say you, and the Great Forest.
Although I did not leave long ago, only a handful of years, I believe I have grown in both wisdom, and more importantly, understanding my love of the Great Forest.
Humans are real! And they are everywhere. Sadly, the manner in which they live is not conducive to the life of the Forest. When I left I, shamefully, was filled with anger and rage that our mother, the Eternal Forest had been compromised and we seemed to be doing nothing to stop it. Also, it initially seemed to me that the humans were just as bad as the hated Orcs, raping the Earth with no caring for things living. Tearing down the forest to build man-caves with and, the legends were true, burning it for heat during the winter months. Not even the dead fallen trees, they actually cut down living, healthy trees…
I had adventures and grew to know the humans. Over time I realized they were fearful of us, and knew nothing of the power of the Land. I began to help them, growing crops, growing homes, enriching the wood and earth (I have learned some of the secrets of Earth now as well.) I learned their languages and their religion – with one great goal in mind, to regrow part of the great forest and teach humans to be the stewards of the Land. Maybe, should we someday disappear from Y’rth, and we have taken the time to teach them, they will protect the Forest as much as we do. In thanks of my service to them, they “gave” me a portion of land, which is mine to protect and populate.
To that end, I am seeking bold immigrants. People who love the Forest and who are willing to face the humans, live by their rules and their ways, for the express purpose of helping the forest. Specifically, I am seeking any elf (not Dark, mind…) who has the strength of purpose to live among them. In addition, I ask you to pass my request on to other of the Sylvan folk.
I would be happy to welcome:
Elfs – of any tribe
– particularly sages who desire to study humans – to them I can provide a field in the sky – near the humans, but safely distant from them
– I would be honored if the Queen would consider sending some of her subjects to my realm, where in I would be happy to grow an Oak of truly noble proportions
– Please let it be known among the Noble Equine that I would be honored to be considered for friendship and partnership in protecting the Wilds
– how can I protect the Forest without the assistance of the Passionate Fauns, a small family or families would be most welcome.
– a friendly Giant who grow tired of the Forest would be welcome as well, I would be happy to build up a small mountain for you to call your own
– a small group of Leprechauns would be most welcome. In the roots of my trees are the homes for halflings, but in the roots themselves and entire village could live and grow. Also, the fine cloth you make would be very welcome.
– I know how hard it is for the noble Wildmen to survive without Forests, I also know your trust in us runs deep. If a group of you needs more room, I would be happy for you to grow in this Forest
– the forest area I have been given to protect is 1200 acres, so a Unicorn could make a good life here and help to grow the Forest
– I have grow 17 great trees, none who possess the soul of a Dryad, if there are those among you who have lost your trees, and yet somehow survive, please come, you will be welcomed
I invite you all to come and help this forest grow. I ask you to bring your patience with humans and your genuine desire to make the Forest larger and Y’rth a greater place to live.
To my tribe, I wish you the best and should you require or desire anything, please let me know by way of a return letter with this bard.
All my best,
M’tan Eglentrans Ti’al Qu’i’ntis